Let's see just how much I can pack into the next 14 hours. There's house cleaning, the last bits of unpacking from moving a month ago, and sunshine to enjoy! Of course, I need to get off my ass if any of that is going to happen.
I haven't spent much time at the beach this summer. I never thought there would be a time when I didn't try to squeeze in as much sun, sand and sea as I could possibly finagle, but I'm living it now. I suppose there is a reason for everything or at the very least a benefit to having avoided the frequent exposure to those UV rays. I've not added to the aging process by way of cooking my skin and I've spared myself another year's increasing of skin cancer odds. Those things count for something.
Freckles still cover my skin and I'm not nearly as pale as I will be in a couple of months, but I definitely look like someone who hasn't been aware it's summertime. There are far worse things than that, so I consider myself fortunate no matter how much I may miss occupying my small section of sandy beach for a few hours here and there.
There have been no hiking adventures beyond the first of the year with my friend Jenna. I think that I have missed those more than basking in the sun, though it's a tough call. Life got busy in ways I didn't imagine, meaning the way I spent my downtime changed as well. Despite the fact that there are things I have always enjoyed doing that eluded me much of this warm weather season, I have experienced other things that I might not otherwise have been able to.
Change doesn't have to be a negative thing. Missing the things we enjoy is a great indicator that our time was well spent and that we are fortunate to have experienced the joy that those things evoked. Rather than hang onto the past, unable to be open to new experiences, I'd much rather be adaptive and embrace whatever comes my way. Today, and every day, I welcome every moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment