Monday, August 8, 2016

It's Always A Choice

There are more times than I'd care to admit when someone asks me how I'm doing or how life is that I end up venting about something, rather than give highlights. Before I realize how much I've said, the onslaught of details slips my lips. Sure, this isn't an everyday occurrence; it doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen. That behavior doesn't align with living a more positive life.

A number of things have taken place in the past week that I might prefer hadn't. Of course, the more I think about them, the more likely similar issues and situations will present themselves. The law of attraction is simple enough to understand, it's the implementation of the right mindset that is difficult.

The good thing that happens despite the negative energy showing up in volume is that I recognize it and immediately have a stern conversation with myself about letting things go or choosing to see the situation in a better light. Sometimes I get stalled, but I always come around. The best part is that it isn't nearly as difficult to move forward in the right frame of mind as it once was. I am already fully aware of how much better I feel when I don't hold onto grief or anger. I also know that you can't skip past feeling either of those things and truly move on.

I enjoy life and the gifts the Universe has bestowed upon me. This is something I intend to continue because the alternative isn't appealing at all. No matter how tough it may be at times to produce positive thoughts that lead to positive actions, the beauty of the process is you can start with small things. Good vibes and better times have a way of multiplying — like attracts like. Knowing that I am 100% accountable for the way I view, approach, and in general, live life certainly injects a bit of power. I am not helpless to change things, even though there are things I cannot change because I can choose to embrace all the ripples those things may produce.

It's a new day, which means there are countless possibilities awaiting me. No matter how it all plays out, I will be a better person by the time my head hits the pillow tonight. Even if that is the best thing that happens, it's a hell of a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment