A moment that stops me in my tracks and floods me with happy feelings doesn't need to be monumental in size. Often times it's the seemingly small things that could potentially be overlooked that make the biggest impact. When something unexpected happens, that's life presenting you with an opportunity to be grateful for all you have.
For me, it could be something like someone holding a door open for me or being greeted with kind words. When you are surrounded by the noise of your thoughts and that kind of kindness breaks through, it can put things into perspective. I'm not talking life changing or ground-breaking, but enough to remind a person that there is life beyond the confines of a busy mind.
I feel fortunate to finally understand that every day brings with it the possibility to be happy, to make others happy and to love life. Even on the quietest and most preoccupied days, there is always time to stop and smell the roses. If I don't find the time on my own, at least I am receptive enough to the Universe to feel the nudge from someone else. Appreciate all the moments that make you smile. They are all, big and small, ingredients in the recipe for a life that is full and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment