Sometimes I think I spend too much time reading a situation. More often than not I'm right in my deductions, but whether that is because I'm intuitive or I'm bringing about the outcome I think I see, I don't know. Do we have the kind of power to bring our thoughts to life? Maybe not overnight, but I do believe we get out of life the energy we put out into the world.
So how does a person avoid sending out all the wrong vibes? It's nowhere near as easy as I'd like it to be. I find I'm often running damage control with my thoughts, as they can be laced with negativity. Left unchecked, these ruminations can bring about the ruin of happiness and balance.
What are you supposed to do with those nagging thoughts that something is amiss? If you cannot entertain them long enough to dispel them, how do you turn your energy toward a more positive light? I have no idea if my approach is the right one, but it has worked for me nearly every time. I don't cling to any one desired outcome, I push back against the self-pity and woe, my focus shifts consciously to the things I am grateful for in my life, and while these things don't always lead to the path I would expect, the path I find is always better than the one I might have lost myself on had I not believed there was another way.
This is far different from ignoring things. It is possible to acknowledge the less than desirable feelings and thoughts I have without allowing them to take root and gain strength. I've worked too hard — I continue to work hard each and every day, to maintain the ground I've gained and that that I mean to stay open to. And I will continue to battle back against the things that undermine that progress. It's a full-time job walking a positive path, and it can be overwhelming to stay on top of it all.
There are times when the first thing I can do — the only thing I can do to keep from letting the stress, fear, and negative energy take over, is breathe. Sometimes that is the only thing I can do for a good long while. As long as I'm breathing, I'm not focusing on what could go wrong or what has not worked out the way I had hoped. So, when all else fails, slow, deep breaths in and out keep my head above water until my arms and legs can work to get me to shore.
No comments:
Post a Comment