I have a relatively busy life. The problem with that is that I get so drawn into the busy that I lose sight of certain goals. I put off the one thing I want to do in favor of all the things I think I have to do. Sure, there are a number of things scattered throughout the days that I choose to do instead of that one thing I silently berate myself for casting aside yet again, but overall I have just created an existence in which I've obligated myself to too much.
The worst part about this is that I have a fair amount of downtime, I just fail to use it appropriately. The mentality that there's always tomorrow still plagues me. One would think the way I approach work and fitness that I'd be just as dedicated when it comes to writing. Clearly, as I've managed to get three days behind on this blog, that isn't the case. I've rededicated myself to getting my book written, yet it still sits open in its program, untouched.
Maybe I'm too hard on myself or maybe I'm not hard enough. All I know is that I've run out of excuses for waiting any longer. Barring certain tasks, most things will be fine to leave until I spend a fair amount of time writing. Of course, that will all have to happen in the moments I'm comfortable enough to sit on my bum.
Time to ice my ass so I can actually focus on writing comfortably at some point today.
No comments:
Post a Comment