I haven't been sick in quite some time. Barely even a sniffle (unless you count allergies, and that's something I've suffered with for much of my life), and I attribute this lack of ill to a far greater positive attitude than I've ever had. Positive living, despite occasional setbacks (yes, yesterday was most certainly one), is without a doubt in my mind the very reason I maintain relative health these days.
Never mind that I cannot spare the time or lose the income to sickness; short of something self-induced, like a hangover, this lady is pushing any virus as far away as humanly possible. That said, I appreciate the value of certain medications for allergies and asthma that keep me from spiraling down the sickness highway. All too often I have succumbed to upper respiratory infections and pneumonia simply because my lungs cannot filter the air I breathe. All it takes is a pang of pain breathing to remind me just how precarious my walk of health can be.
Every day, I am grateful for the fortune of that good health, and I try to be conscious of all I do that could impact it. I'm not a saint, I indulge in foods that aren't the best for me, adult bevvies and a fair amount of UV rays, but moderation and a good attitude certainly go a ways in staving off serious repercussions.
I think I will most often choose the shiny side of the coin, as it emphasizes the best life has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment