I didn't do everything the way I could have. Probably lengthened my overall journey in the process of being stubborn; only arriving at this present version of me far later than I ought to have. Pretty certain that I've ben able to see and experience things I would have missed had I done it all right from the beginning, though.
The best part about making mistakes, or as I like to see it - taking the long, scenic road, is that I become more aware of things I ought to appreciate and things I should cast aside. Sometimes the key to understanding and making the better choices comes from having made choices that weren't so good the first few times I was presented with situations and individuals. I prefer to have the lasting effects of lessons and experiences well earned, over instantly gratifying ones.
Maybe it's a subconscious effort to slow down the sands of time, as they feel like they've sped up unreasonably in the past couple of years. Or maybe it is more like the maturing process in humans is similar to that of grapes to wine; the best things aren't rushed, they are carefully sought after and considered, so that the best possible outcome is experienced. I rather enjoy knowing my life is my choosing, and not just random chance. I also enjoy wine, and am grateful for the aging process it goes through on its way to my glass. Pretty happy to realize I am in no rush.
No comments:
Post a Comment