I haven't been working on my book the past week or so. I've been consumed with life changes that are occurring, as well as showing a couple of my other blogs a little creative love. As long as I'm writing, I suppose it ought not matter much what I'm working on.
With all of the push from within to divulge what I'm thinking, a recent plateau in my personal evolution has come to pass. The increase in activity seems to signify a new phase or chapter, and I'd have to say I couldn't be happier. Not that I haven't enjoyed the past few months of my life, but change has been looming for awhile now. So excited to get the ball rolling!
There's also the realization that I've made a few mistakes, had lapses in judgement, and forgotten the benefit of open communication as of late. What is beneficial about these things is that I didn't hesitate to own my missteps, apologize, and while it might have felt a little shitty in the beginning, I feel far better and more equipped to navigate issues with someone I care about. There is no instant defensiveness, desire to point out the other party's blame, and being able to see the other person's point of view is truly invaluable.
Every challenge, every moment, presents an opportunity to focus on the best instead of the worst. I cannot imagine ever allowing the negative views I once was prone to seeing, to work their way back into my life in a dominant way. Things aren't always merry, but I feel a sense of obligation, suffering from no form of depression, to embrace as much good around me as I can. All around me are people, some I care about, others I have never met, who would likely trade anything to be able to say and do the same. Sometimes it's best to be the strongest you can be, to be prepared and willing to be there for someone who needs support, love and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment