Contrary to what I am feeling at this moment, I've had a good day. Better than good, today was enjoyable from start to finish. Whatever blah I am experiencing presently, it has nothing to do with the most amazingly, relaxing Sunday today turned out to be.
Other than a brief perusing this morning, today was also a day with almost no Facebook...come to think of it, I hardly utilized my phone either. A few texts to two friends, a phone call with my bff this morning, and a text exchange with my sister and bro-in-law regarding the dropping off of my youngest son (which for me is like NOT using my phone at all), and the rest of the time my phone stayed hidden from view in my clutch. Were it not for this nightly blogging, I wouldn't even have touched my laptop tonight.
I don't 'unplug' nearly enough. It's easy to just fall into a routine that includes many facets of technology, and I often lose sight of life without that social media fix or constantly being 'available' to anyone who contacts me. I find I miss the days before cellphones, computers, and cable.
It isn't all bad, however. I wouldn't write as consistently with pen and paper as I do typing. It's also great to be able to just reach out and call or text someone that's been on your mind, or have someone do the same because you were on theirs. There are no forgotten questions or mentions of sorts when you can just fire off a quick text to check in with someone. Sure the instant gratification expectation is high, but it's nice to know when you need to connect with a friend or loved one that it is as easy as sending a text.
This blah mood might well be a small after effect in recognizing how important it is to simply enjoy every great moment or day that my life is graced with, because tomorrow isn't a guarantee, and neither is the next dose of happiness. It could be a bit of reflective pondering on letting so much slip by me uncelebrated for far too long. No matter what it is the result of, it isn't something I will let rob me of any of the happy I have experienced, nor will it affect my openness to amazing experiences and the simplest of life's offerings. It just serves as the perfect contrast, reminding me how great it is to feel good.
No comments:
Post a Comment