Sunday, August 17, 2014

Some Things Never Seem To Get Old

Despite the fact that I have often said I don't like feeling tied to a routine, there are some things that become ritual, almost habitual. They are the moments and interactions that you look forward to experiencing again, and again. When my 'routine' gets interrupted I sometimes feel like I'm wandering around aimlessly. There is no question I am at my best when I have at least a semblance of routine in my days.

My neighbors (as I've said many times before) are really incredible. I am beyond grateful to have chosen to move here, as the boys and I have been welcomed into a community of caring and fun people. When someone is away for a few days, we all seem to be affected by their absence on some level. Good news, bad news it's amazing how responsive everyone is to one another.

Sunday late afternoon into the early evening has become a time I look forward to, because I get to have a few laughs and catch up with everyone. I had just assumed we would be skipping this week as a couple neighbors have been recuperating from ailments and surgery, and a few others had been away on vacation. Amazingly, and to my surprise, the vacationers returned, and most everyone turned out for a late day gathering; my youngest son even came out to join the group. I am certainly dreading the cold weather, though I may just have to resort to making the rounds and visiting here and there. Otherwise I will become my usual hibernating self, deprived of socialization.

Tonight I'd say, all is right in the world that can be at the moment. Something as simple as interaction with others can keep the balance of a good mood and sunny disposition. Now who wouldn't make the best and most frequent use of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment