Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Brat

So some people have previous awareness of my Inner Brat. She's precocious, and can be quite impetuous at times. And she is that part of me that remained 19 after a life changing event.

I get that this part of me is more often than not the source of impatience, irrationality, and intense uncertainty I experience. Is the rest of me capable of feeling these things? Of course, but when those things are accompanied by deep rooted fear or inexplicable unrest, they are likely the product of that part of me I refer to as The Brat.

She gets credit for more than just those negative emotions, however. The silliness, spontaneous fun, and sassiness are most definitely all her. I've chosen to keep her relatively contained, but every so often I let her get her exercise. It's really no good for me or anyone else if I don't. She can throw some serious tantrums.

Thankfully she doesn't dictate everything that I do, say, or decide. I'm happy that I found a way to incorporate this part of who I am, rather than stuff her down someplace to fester. I may not be able to change how I moved on, or retrieve the near-whole person I was before the rape, but at least I figured out how to heal the fractures in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment