While it has only occurred a handful of times, even one time finding myself privy to facts or information I was not initially meant to know is too much. It always means far too much time vacillating between sharing the information or sitting on it indefinitely. Sharing means affecting someone else's happy meter (often negatively), and keeping the information quiet could mean too much pressure on you, not to mention potentially awkward situations should your previous knowledge ever come to light with concerned parties.
Since forgetting whatever knowledge I come upon unintentionally is unlikely, I opt to weigh the pros and cons of sharing the information, as well as whatever benefits remaining mum might be gained. At the moment, I've chosen to selectively share information with trustworthy individuals, given the content of the knowledge, because sitting with it in solitude just isn't possible. My inner balance and well-being are not worth risking in order to protect someone else's secret; especially when the core of what is being guarded actually does affect more than the person the facts pertain to.
I am not out to tear anyone down by divulging secrets that are not mine to share. I do, however, see that there are times when exposing a secret ultimately brings about more benefit than harm. There is no way to arrive at either option without really considering each over time. One thing is for sure, rushing to any decision serves no good for anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment