Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm A Kick-ass Mother To Boys; Everything Else Is Going To Be A Cake Walk

Exactly how much faith do I have in myself to step outside my box and give something I've never tried a whirl? That is the question I have asked myself, and for the first time in my life, I haven't lamented over the answer. I have enough belief in my abilities to work things through, that ultimately, it really doesn't matter if I stand to fail (because honestly, that's typically the underlying root of any deliberation I may make when faced with something new).

The reality of my life thus far, is that I all too often make mental inventory lists of all the ways that things could go wrong, or not turn out the way I imagine. Not conducive to positive thinking; at all. At some point it makes sense to throw caution to the wind. I've seemingly mastered the art of self-doubt and it's no longer a look I want to wear.

There is no room for silly, self-indulgent second guessing. At the end of the day, things will be as they are, so I can either attempt to be a participant, or silently sit by and be a spectator. I have more of a hands-on, involved personality. No matter what, I'm going to rock whatever I set out to do in the exact same spirit I have rocked motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment