I am a soul prone to romanticized notions, passionate opinions, empathy, and bursting with love. On the flip side there lurks cynicism, self-deprecation, and a resistance to trust others. A human representation of conflict and celebration.
In my interactions with others, I explore topics of a seemingly infinite range, often sharing stories and reliving anecdotal moments of my sons, family and friends. My nature is open and honest, and my own joy is quite often magnified by being audience to another person's tales. Being supportive, caring, and protective come naturally to me, and it is hugely uncommon for me to do those things only halfway.
For far too long I allowed myself to be depleted by people who made it a practice to use the resilience and heart of others rather than rebuild and replenish their own. Learning to be selective and aware of another person's intentions seems to go against being open and giving, but it preserves all that I am and all that I want to continue to be. It is a tricky line to walk, and stumbling along has become part of the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment