Dessert before dinner. I am a firm believer in this motto, at least every now and again. It's somewhat symbolic of grabbing the best, most fun things and enjoying them. Life is one big uncertainty, so giving yourself permission to break or bend 'the rules' goes a long way toward accepting and enjoying the happy around you. Eat up the good stuff, and show the world you love your life with that winning smile.
By showing my sons that it's okay to do things out of whatever preconceived order they may have developed, they've learned to be spontaneous. They've also gotten a step up on giving themselves permission to be happy, enjoy their life, and will hopefully, be less likely to pass up opportunities of positive buoyancy. I want more than anything, for them to start life on their own being comfortable with doing what makes them happy. I never want them to feel they need to forego happy moments because they don't deserve them.
We all deserve to be happy, and when life presents us with chances for joy, the last thing we should be doing is working overtime to justify those moments. Barring special circumstances, no one should pass up a good time, because the benefits of feeling happy are real. The happier we are, the more opportunities to be happy we attract.
My time on this planet is finite. I plan to be a magnet for the good stuff, and enjoy every possible second second that I'm alive and breathing.
No comments:
Post a Comment