Admittedly, I am often ignorant of what is happening in the world-at-large. It isn't because I bury my head in the sand, or don't care what is occurring around the globe. In order to balance who I am, I had to step away from the turmoil of things I cannot control. Given my location here on earth, as well as my life, it isn't likely that becoming so engrossed and gripped by the mass amounts of tragic events will do much more than unbalance my soul and render me ineffective in being any kind of positive output on my immediate surroundings.
I believe, quite strongly, that the horrifying things that are happening in this country and in others need to stop. The manner and means by which these things are currently being addressed or 'dealt with' aren't necessarily in-line with the kind of peace I wish were possible. That said, culture and beliefs have essentially created an impasse; each side of any particular conflict are speaking completely different languages. I, myself, have no answers. The burden of knowing only a small part of these travesties is that the bullies on the playground are brawling, the innocent are being used and destroyed in the process, and there isn't anything most of us can do about it.
My efforts to resist the urge to be consumed by all of this are those things I do on a daily basis to become a better person. For certain this will have no real impact on the current happenings of the world, but there is the real possibility that I may make a positive impact on those around me, and just maybe on someone who will one day start the wave of change that reaches farther than I am able to today. That I might, in treating people with kindness, respect, and positive intentioned energy, be able to make enough of a difference, or effect the 'a-ha moment' necessary for a person to change their own path...this is what living a better existence is about.
For certain, the personal happiness factor ranks high in reasoning, but without being able to incite change, potential, and happiness in others, that inner bliss that drives me to be a better, balanced soul just wouldn't be achievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment