Choosing the responsible path, as opposed to the carefree one isn't always easy. Responsibility is often viewed as no fun, but I suppose it's all in how you look at where the option takes you. My life wouldn't be what it is - and I can't imagine it any other way, had I opted for the carefree route as often as I have the responsible.
I imagine the temporary excitement of a decision to throw caution to the wind, while neglecting necessary behavior in a balanced life might seem like the better outcome. Few people approach their daily routine and its many responsibilities with an appreciative mindset, but that's truly the key. Attitude and foresight are essential when weighing insane fun to steady, forward progress.
While I'm not suggesting all fun is pointless, or all responsible choices are boring, the reality of life is that most of us see the safe and responsible route as burdensome. No one wants to 'miss out' on a good time, and honestly, it's better for a person's soul to indulge sometimes. Of course, knowing when to opt for the fun, and when to pass is the best way to balance a life.
There are times the setback to the fun option just isn't worth the short-lived payout. I'm happy that I've learned the value of that particular consideration. Do I always feel warm and fuzzy about my decision to stay the responsible course? No, but I no longer spend the aftermath of decision lamenting about all I am missing like I did in my teen years. There is no possible way I will ever get to experience every enticing promise of fun that comes my way, and really, that fact just makes me appreciate the things I do get to enjoy all the more. And being able to have fun, make memories, and feel secure in life is the best possible example of balance and bliss that I could ever imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment