Ok, so mayyyybee they all like wine, Adam Levine and obviously me, but I have a connection with each of them that is remarkably singular to that person. Girls will be girls and we chat, gossip and giggle...ohhhh the things we talk about. Of course it's nothing compared to the things we giggle about.
For one reason or another, this week wound up being one I'd sooner move passed. I've had worse, but still, I was over this one by Tuesday morning. I'm convinced the universe knew I was in need of intervention, because I spent a fair amount of time with two of my favorite people (and just for good measure, it threw in conversations with two more women I couldn't live without). No doubt these are the saving grace moments that made the week, on the whole, bearable.
I love wine. I adore, no lust after Adam Levine. The Arctic Monkeys are sexy as hell and I can't get enough of Do I Wanna Know. Combine these and there is no loss of conversation or smiles. At least not between me and my friends. Though I'm fairly certain Adam Levine single handedly brought my conversation with my soul sister back from the great beyond tonight - I started talking Star Trek and I completely lost her. Come to think of it, this is probably the one topic that each of my closest friends have the very same reaction to...I'm their Star Trek loving friend whom they love and accept despite this odd and nerdy obsession. Thankfully I am adept and can switch my thought process quickly and be immensely happy to discuss Adam's hair, body, tattoos and drop dead gorgeous everything. (sigh)
I've never watched The Bachelorette, but I find it fascinating to listen to anyone, particularly my writer friend, describe the premise of the show. I'm probably still not going to ever watch it, but I suppose this is her 'Star Trek'. A couple glasses of wine and it's all good anyway.
Girltime is ESSENTIAL to keeping hormonal, mental and emotional balance. Chatting about select subjects in detail doesn't hurt either. I didn't want to go out, didn't feel like dressing even remotely suitable to be seen in public, and really wanted to pass the time in relative peace; as luck would have it, my lady friend was in quite the same mood. Tonight, I am feeling quite good that it is finally Friday, and that the night in consisted of wearing comfy clothes and sharing a bottle of wine with creative, like soul. Sometimes the work involved in a relationship, like a friendship, is just about making the effort to spend time together. And all things Adam Levine.
No comments:
Post a Comment