"The real world is a lie, and your nightmares are real." - Dr. Moon, Silence In The Library Doctor Who
I don't watch Doctor Who ... well, at least I didn't until Riley, my ginger-haired son decided to Netflix the series. It seems that no matter how I try to resist the call of this long running British sci-fi show, my attention is always drawn to the screen. I wouldn't say I hate the series; more like I'm indifferent. Of course if it happens to be on the telly, I become fixated. I haven't a clue what most of the episodes are even about, but nonetheless they still mesmerizes me.
Were it true that nightmares were real and life a lie, I imagine I'd wish for someone like The Doctor to fix that shit. I love sleep, and most often the dreams I remember are pleasant, if not amusing. The nightmares, however, are not the makings of any reality I would want to live in. I much prefer to visit frightening places by watching a thriller or horror flick that will end in roughly two hours.
Ever wake from a particularly disturbing dream that seemed real for a few deeps breaths and took sitting up and shaking your head to realize it wasn't? It's really unfortunate we don't have that option in life, but then again we'd probably avoid experiences that foster growth altogether. Suck as it may, pain and discomfort lay the groundwork for strength and clarity.
Wouldn't it make more sense to minimize some of the challenges and hardships we go through by tuning into the brighter side of situations more often? Positive thinking, when you ponder it, is really just the nightlight or dreamcatcher of our waking, conscious life...after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment