I think there's a pre-teen dork inside all of us that is ready to bust out laughing when people say things that have an intensely suggestive meaning. Particularly when they appear to be clueless about it. I would say I'm well acquainted with that inner dork.
I overheard a conversation today that had me biting my lip to keep from laughing. There are just certain terms or phrases that should not be used when describing one's own hair. And definitely NOT at loud volumes so anyone in the vicinity could hear. Bush is most specifically at the top of that list.
Now, I'm good with descriptions like 'mop', 'frizzy mess', 'light bulb', and 'Christmas tree' (yes, I've actually had someone lament that they felt their hair resembled a Christmas tree because it was in desperate need of a shaping). But it is really just a giggle fest waiting to happen to call the unruly locks of hair on one's head a 'bush'. I admit it, it's juvenile. Trust me on this though, you will challenge your stylist's ability to keep a straight face if you choose to express your unhappiness with your coif by using this particular word. That, and you will have given that stylist and anyone else in hearing range a story worth repeating all day long.
In case it is not quite clear, 'bush' is a word for a roundish plant...or far more associated with pubic hair. Spare us all the prepubescent flashbacks and refrain from ever likening your hair to anything that will cause spontaneous genital jokes. Seriously...
No comments:
Post a Comment