In truth, this is what keeps me going ALL winter long. The thought of those warm sun rays caressing my skin, the cool breeze keeping me from overheating, and the incredible feeling of sand between my toes. The only way any of that could be better would be the rhythmic sound of the ocean waves. Well, that, and if I woke up tomorrow and the weather was sunny and in the upper 70s.
I have several different versions of this daydream. Most frequently it's the location that changes; bluer water, palms trees, and who could pass up a fabulous adult bevvie? Not this girl! Bring on the hot sand, sunscreen and even those pesky seagulls. Warm weather and ocean air are what my life should have year round. I could move, but that would mean not having friends and family close by. It's a tough call...and it's also why I dream of summer nine months out of the year.
Clearly, I either have too much idle mind time, or I really need a tropical getaway. I'm guessing both. Either way, I won't be experiencing a vacation or summer until the time is right. So, I will continue to enjoy my daydream trips into a warmer, relaxing and desirable place until I feel ocean spray and the wet beach beneath my bare feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment