Saturday, February 1, 2014

Clubbing Most Definitely Has An Age Limit

At the moment...actually through a good part of the night, I've weighed the wiseness electing to have 18-yr old son be my DD. Not that I get drunk when I go out, but I'm trapped between giving him a live instance of responsible consumption and being the mom I've always been. It's a catch 22 for sure.

And then there's the whole eating GLUTEN while having had a drink or two...bad news I tell ya! I'm a carbaholic by nature so add a little alcohol to the mix and I will gorge on all things wheat like there's no tomorrow. Were I to have my head about me, I'd see that gluten and alcohol are not friends, no matter how much I might want to think so. As I write this I am well aware that the peanut butter cookies I chose to pilfer from the stash the kids had set aside will haunt me to no good end. Of course I will just have to deal with that in a few short hours.

Next to Oreos, in case you're wondering, peanut butter (with gluten) ANYTHING serves as the most tempting food. Every few months, it seems as though I need to binge on gluten to remember why it is I don't consume it on a regular basis. Absolute yuck!

I was slammed into, brushed up against and knocked on my ass by people far more inebriated than I this evening. I didn't enjoy any of it. Drunk people are essentially assholes without the balance and held-togetherness of respectable people. Of course that's just assholes in general, isn't it? (sigh)

Imma just go to bed and regret nothing in maƱana. I love certain people for the energy they bring to life, but I can love it without Jell-O shots or loud, obnoxious bars with go-go dancers and nasty ass tooter shots. Ick. Yuck. This girl is going to bed after antibacterial fumigation and purification.



No comments:

Post a Comment