Sometimes the grass is greener, but seeing it doesn't mean you have to venture to the other side to see it. I don't like winter - never really have. Why then do I choose to continue residing in a state that's winter season is so lengthy and occasionally brutal? Simple, I value family and friends more than the temporary absence of a warm climate.
Driving home this afternoon with my youngest son, I found myself distracted by a roadside attraction of natural occurrence. Trees, covered in snow and ice, were glistening in the sun, giving them the appearance of glass. Along the road in the areas that had no visible tracks - looking quite untouched by any living thing, I saw amazing beauty. Appreciation for anything winter related isn't something I have ever arrived at easily, so the fact that I anticipated the view of each seemingly 'pure' area along the way was something I wouldn't allow myself to overlook. I drove slower, took the longer route home, and let go of my disgruntled opinion of the season to take in the incredible scenery. I know I became a more open and accepting person as a result of this, even if just ever so slightly.
I miss AOL Blog days! This will have to do! ;-)
ReplyDelete