Monday, June 13, 2016

Wind Me Up And Stand Back

It's not always easy, but admitting that I have limits is sometimes the only way to give myself a break. Plugging away at work, time can get away from me. So much so that I often find I can go from zero to stressed-the-fuck-out in seconds. That kind of shift in mood isn't exactly healthy or beneficial for anyone.

Maybe more important than knowing when to step away and take a break, is how I slow the amped up energy produced by the stress. That's always a bit of a challenge. I'm French and I come from a family that utilizes stress to get shit done, so it's almost a bummer to will that energy away. Of course, I prefer to function without charging everything and everyone around me up, so less stress is usually key.

I am sure that from a distance, I'm a bit of entertainment when I'm on a roll. I once had the nickname of 'Tornado'. While it was funny, the reality of that likeness has stayed with me and been at the root of my efforts to avoid laying waste to everything around me in seconds. I still find I get fired up quickly, but it's over almost as quickly as it begins most of the time. I'd almost bet it's still a bit of a show that amuses others. So long as it isn't adversely affecting those around me, I suppose I can call it progress.

Tomorrow is a new day and I have little doubt that it will provide another opportunity to work on my ability to keep stress in check. Until then, I'd say a good night's sleep is the best way to prepare myself for the challenge. That, and I'm just plain wiped out after the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment