After two decades of working in other people's personal space, I've managed to adopt a few helpful tactic to minimize the negative effects. I still find that I'm overwhelmed momentarily by strong instances of another person's negative energy. The good thing is I recover and regain my inner balance quickly.
Occasionally I have to do a little damage control, as I might slip into a mindset that isn't conducive to a happy life. The most effective way to combat taking on a bad attitude for me is breathing deep and then taking a step back mentally to analyze the root of whatever is bothering me. It's not the easiest thing to do, but working on myself rarely is. The things people say and do still affect me, sometimes more than I'd care to admit, but I see the bounce back from those things as an opportunity for growth.
Staying mired in a foul mood or feeling down because of things outside of our control is detrimental to maintaining our well-being and happiness. We are the makers of our own destiny therefore need to remember that other people's energy is temporary and will pass if we just learn to let it go. This isn't the same as ignoring what we are feeling. I have found the only way to truly let go of the ills that threaten to wreak havoc on our growth and progress is to let them stir the pot before scooping them out and tossing them. If I don't become familiar with them, allow those thoughts and energies to strike a chord - no matter how painful or unpleasant, I can't possibly hope to cast them out for good.
The best way to recognize good from bad is to experience both. Familiarity is a great tool when paired with the desire to strive for happiness. There are some less than desirable moments that are beneficial to moving forward and achieving a better state of being. If we ignore them or throw them to the curb too soon, we miss out on the lessons and strengths we stand to gain by ensuring them. Hold onto them too long and we lose sight of where we were going and they may well bleed over into every facet of our life, preventing positive advancement and joy. There is a balance and it varies from experience to experience, person to person. Each day brings the possibility of opportunities to find our happy medium, which is exactly how I approach each dawn. Feel it all before you decide what to do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment