Wednesday, June 22, 2016

It's All In How You Choose To See Things

I find that when I don't spend time fretting over how I will be able to get everything on my list done, I manage to get it all done just fine. My life is packed full of every kind of experience and none of it will wait for something else to get done. Time passes no matter what I do or don't do, but the more I check of my list, the more I'm able to focus on the fun stuff. That's just a no-brainer to me.

I welcome responsibility and the work that inevitably comes with it. Since feeling productive boosts my positive outlook on life, embracing the must-dos not only clears my head and frees my focus, it puts me in the most optimal mood to enjoy everything else. I might find I'm exhausted at the end of the day, but that just means I have the opportunity to choose between kicking back or pushing for that second wind. I never know what I'll end up doing, but just knowing I have the options to do either makes all the crazy tasks I've undertaken worth any amount of frustration and stress.

Keeping the benefits and likely outcomes in mind when I'm staring down a lengthy or arduous list of got-to-get-dones helps make relatively quick work of it all. A solid day of sorting through obligations doesn't have to be an unwelcome burden. I don't stay inside my head long enough to dread the time spent owning up to my responsibilities because negative energy has never gotten me where I want to go. I'll continue to get shit done and enjoy life every possible second I can, without begrudging the responsibilities that make the best possible mindset a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment