I try not to wish the days away. Focusing on what isn't going the way I want, only makes me miss out on the things that are going well. Life cannot be everything we want at every second. Appreciation for the good things comes from a deep understanding of having lived through the not-so-good things.
Today was a rather ordinary day; if ordinary in my life were ever a steady stream of keeping busy and getting things done. I've come to realize that the norm for my days, centers around an all-too-fast pace, where I'm left to reflect on a rather blurry mental slideshow. When the hours pass and I continue to move forward through a day without feeling as though I'm traveling at 200 mph, I have to be grateful. It's always good to switch up the pace and when there's an appropriate amount of time to really think through things before taking action, a kind of balance is restored.
Uneventful doesn't necessarily mean nothing happened, for me it's more about nothing crazy blew up around me. Plenty of stuff goes on from the time I wake until my head hits the pillow for the night, it's just nice when I can think back on it all and remember most of how it all unfolded. I'm glad I see the benefit in slowing down and embracing life for all it is, it makes it far easier to stay positive and recognize happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment