Struggles are what define our limits. Understanding that this is an ever-changing cycle means those limits are really just place holders and aren't rooted to any particular spot. Without having to earn our place in life, we'd be purposeless and likely without an understanding of ourselves. I choose not to feel overwhelmed or put upon by the challenges I face, but rather see each as an opportunity to expand and grow.
The ups, downs and in-betweens are what create our existence. I prefer the ups, for sure, but I can't discount the downs or the in-betweens. Those moments give me the opportunity to reflect on the best things and problem solve the less than desirable. Each and every time I resist the urge to allow the negative tendencies of hardships or daily challenges to cloud my perspective, I'm learning something about myself and pushing my limitations further, and that is an invaluable process.
This year so far, in comparison to others hasn't been as full of awesome, but I can't say it's been awful either. There have been more frequent hurdles to get over or around, but that has added depth and a point of view that might otherwise have been skipped over. If you can have an open mind and appreciate the shit in life, than the good stuff is that much more enjoyable. Maximizing the good is what it's all about for me, so I'm ready for whatever presents itself and I couldn't be more up to the challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment