The evolution of coffee in my life has gone from a cup or two on the weekends via drip maker to patiently going through the pour over process each and every morning. I love coffee, though I rarely have more than a cup or two per day. I would likely drink more were it not for the jitters I get from too much caffeine.
I've always had high energy. When I was a kid my mother would describe it as bouncing off the walls. I didn't understand it then, but there are days now when I feel like I'm going to burst out of my own skin so that description makes a whole lot of sense. Add a bit too much caffeine in there and I can barely contain myself, which is potentially dangerous for anyone around me. Ok, maybe not dangerous but definitely eventful.
Recently, I came to the realization that while I may feel lazy or unproductive at times, by typical definition I am anything but. I was told last night that my bar for lazy is high in comparison to most people. While I might have once dismissed that observation, when I consider a typical day in my life it is actually quite accurate. I sometimes wonder if I were to stop — like actually sit down and do absolutely nothing, would my heart stop? Unlikely, though I definitely think I would amass a surplus of energy quite quickly that would beg to be burned off.
I suppose that I ought to be grateful I'm on the go most of the time. I've been told by those who know my mother that I come by this always busy approach to life honestly. Yes, that apple didn't fall far from the tree. At 64 she is still busying herself the way she always has, so I'd venture to say I have years of this lifestyle ahead of me. I wouldn't want it any other way. It's always good to slow down and take it all in, but at the end of it all, I am just trying to pack as much living into the one life I've been given as I possibly can.
No comments:
Post a Comment