Ever have a moment when you think to yourself 'I'm on top of the world' because life is just all-around good? Well, I'm willing to bet that thought isn't immediately invaded by this irritating earworm.
I loathe The Carpenters. Not personally, obviously, but their music is like nails on a chalkboard. The problem is, my childhood was somewhat saturated by their happy-go-lucky sibling soft rock. The worst part that is I still know every single wordto this day. Without listening to it. So, yeah, my day got off to a challenging start, to say the least.
Despite this attack on my blissful state of being, I am grateful to understand what it means to embrace happiness every possible moment. Being in an uplifted mood, truly enjoying life is more than possible even when all of the pieces of our days aren't in optimal positions. There are a few things I've been dealing with recently that aren't ideal, but life isn't perfect and that is what makes it all the exciting. I don't need all my 'i's dotted or my 't's crossed to experience joy. I only need to believe that each moment has the potential to impact me in the best of ways and resist the urge to let my thoughts go down the rabbit hole of negativity.
Even a nasty broken record of a song playing in my head can't ruin the possibilities of today. Even if nothing amazing occurs it's all blue skies and butterflies as far as I can see. When we have the ability to create our own positive outlook on our life, it would be a shame to let it waste away, unrecognized. Be your own sunshine-y, summer fun, whimsical influence, get out there and enjoy whatever today brings you.
No comments:
Post a Comment