Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Finally Diving In

Finally decided to take advantage of a month-long free trial of HBO Now...yes, specifically to watch Game of Thrones. After avoiding spoilers for years now, I'm finally joining the masses and settling in to start my binge watching frenzy. If anyone wonders where I've disappeared to, I can assure you I am fine, though it might take awhile to hear back from me.

Two minutes in and I need to pause so I can finish this blog post. Clearly this is one show that begs for absolute focus, lest the viewer miss something important to the storyline. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be lost in those woods. Oh so gripping from the get-go, however.

I adore shows and movies that transport us back to a time long before the world as we know it came to be. Granted, there have been liberties taken, as we truly have no way of knowing what the landscape looked like, how the people interacted, or what is a total fabrication...well, we may have some ideas, but it's not definitive. All the same, I am a longtime fan of Fantasy type shows, and five minutes in and Boromir (LOTR) graces the screen. Yeah, I'm going to be unreachable through season 6, no doubt about it at all.

Why start a series like this during the summer, you might wonder? Well, I managed to go six months without a single spoiler for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and was completely devastated the other night when I finally watched it. I know enough from the buzz about GoT that I don't want to delay starting this series any longer. It's a miracle I haven't gleaned anything from social media or my friends that watch the show. I'm going to resist the urge to press my luck and dive in now.

I beg of you, given my confession of GoT abstinence thus far, don't comment with any spoilers. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment