Sometimes watching TV with my sons can produce a jolt of gratefulness. As in grateful neither one of my sons chooses to do ignorant, dangerous, boneheaded stunts. In the age of people capturing video of every mundane and embarrassing moment within their sight, I find it lacking in all self-preserving common sense to willingly be an ass in public.
Once posted on line and/or forwarded to all known contacts, whatever ridiculous thing a person did has the potential to haunt them for the rest of their life. Then again, most of the people I've seen appear to have no common sense to begin with. The why not and just because I can mentality is largely responsible for the idiocy we click and view every day. Of course, without them, what would I laugh my ass off at?
I'm all for having a good laugh at myself when I trip or fall, walk into something or what have you. Even getting a tear-inducing laughing jag out of someone else's mishap, but I won't ever understand the predominantly testosterone driven antics some people subject themselves to. It's all about completely horrifying others, and it's not entertaining. In my opinion.
All this , yet I'm still driven to watch the 'car wrecks' my sons continue to watch. Glutton for punishment or just as depraved as the people who enact these acts of idiocy to begin with? Potentially a bit of both it would seem.
No comments:
Post a Comment