My preference, more often than not, is to stay in and do next to nothing. In light of my lack of social options, it's probably a good thing. A good book or decent movie, pjs, wine and good company are nearly always preferable to loud, crowded and overrated bars with obnoxiously inebriated people and having to dress up even slightly.
Oh there are occasions when I enjoy going out with friends, but outside of those times, I don't have the desire to socialize. It might be my age, though it is more likely the socializing I do all week long at work that has affected my desire to maintain an after hours nightlife. The absence of single friends could play a role in this as well ;)
At 42, I choose to invest my time wisely, nurturing the relationships and friendships I currently have, rather than continuing to start new ones. I'm not opposed to meeting new people, I'm just selective about who I will continue to get to know and let into my life. It's about quality and not quantity.
For me, I find it far easier to experience memorable moments when I'm not rushing around trying to do as much as possible in the limited hours of a day. Time flies by so much faster than I wish it would; living life in a blur isn't the answer. Choosing interactions and social partners wisely is probably the closest to slowing life down that I will ever come to. I'm good with the less is more way of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment