An old pair of well-worn, perfect fitting jeans; there's nothing like 'em. Every time you pull them on, they feel perfect, almost like a second skin. They look great, hug curves just the way they should, and completely boost confidence levels the moment they are zipped up.
I have a pair of these jeans, and a hoodie, and even a pair of shoes. I also have friends that have a similar effect...except maybe the curve hugging part. Uh, ok so maybe there are one or two that could claim that since they are amazing huggers. In any case, these are the people that no matter how long I've known them I couldn't imagine not having them in my life. Even though some of them there are times that I've been out of touch with them for awhile, the moment I do see them, the 'fit' is still the same.
There are just some people whose personalities are so compatible with our own that no amount of time and life experience can change the core of that connection. I like that. It's exactly like those favorite pair of jeans. And there are different jeans for different occasions. Completely unique styles for every season. Each friend brings something a little different from the next, yet they were and still are must haves that never got put back on the sales rack.
And though I've said it a number of times, I feel incredibly fortunate to have so many perfect fitting jeans. No matter what day it is, which pair I happen to have on, I'm bound to be in a great mood, enjoying life and counting the memories. What better existence is there? In my opinion, none.
No comments:
Post a Comment