Perfection does not exist. We all have faults. I have plenty of my own.
While I know pointing out other people's shortcomings isn't something I should do, there are things that irk me and I cannot ignore them. Smoking. Plain and simple this has to be one of my biggest irritations with other people. Nothing worse than having someone come to the salon and sit in my chair, or be in line in front of me at the store and stink like those awful cancer sticks.
I abhor close quarters like small waiting rooms and elevators with smokers. Sure they may not be actively smoking, but the evidence of their nasty habit lingers like when you step in dog shit and it never seems to wipe off. Some people smoke so much the odor permeates their skin, giving off that stale, sick cigarette smell even after they've showered and changed clothes.
It's bad when not even two shampoos can strip the tar and nicotine from a person's hair, but nothing compared to having to heat style it afterward. I've become practiced in keeping my distance and shallow breathing. As awful as it sounds, I realize it isn't the person it's their habit that I loathe.
The stench that fills vehicle, doorways to buildings, clings to my hair capes, and stays lodged in my nasal passages is aggravatingly unwelcome and it's a constant assault on my ability to breathe better air. Life would be far more enjoyable were there no such thing as smoking tobacco.
No comments:
Post a Comment