All too often I let life steer me wherever it wants and I don't focus on enjoying it the way I should. There are times when I pass up opportunities to social or kick back and then I nearly always wish I hadn't. Too many missed chances and I could find myself wondering just where I could be had I walked down all those other paths I previously skipped by.
Since I've chosen to live my life with fewer regrets, I realize that I first need to accept the choices I make, but that I also need to really consider my choices carefully to make sure I don't give myself reason for regret later. I can't always stay on the practical, safe side of things. Sometimes fun requires stepping out of the comfort zone, or even just pushing past the fatigue or a full day.
Each time I step outside my comfort zone, my life gets better. When I make choices, I weigh the pros and cons, but I also consider how taking the risk would make me feel overall. I like not overthinking things for responsibility sake; I like putting my gut in the position to make choices. Some of my best moments have come about this way. I recently such a choice and I have no doubt that it will lead to a great and happy place. The wind is blowing... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment