Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bawling Like A Baby

There are days that I would love to put everyone I love in a protective bubble, safe from anything negative. No sickness, no bad days, nothing that would hurt at all; just laughs, good times and total happiness. But that would make the good stuff tougher to appreciate in the long run. The good isn't as good if you don't have firsthand knowledge of the bad.

Whether I want to admit it or not, a tough decision may well be at my door. I look at my sons, how they've rallied around their beloved fur-brother, hand feeding him, comforting him and wiping tears from their eyes as they feel helpless to make things better, and it's beyond difficult to accept that we are here right now. This cat has always been precious to us, part of the family, so whatever comfort there is to grasp onto it is that he has never known neglect or harm.

Every day he has been a part of our lives, he has been the tagalong. He's the alarm clock, the chatterbox, chore companion, and there is no better cuddler in the world. We are walked to the door when we leave and excitedly greeted when we return. He may be underfoot and trip us up now and again, but the sound of his purrs and the warmth of his happiness are the best reciprocation of love any of us could ever ask for. Even when he's in a bad mood, he's still amazing.

Sitting at the vet's office today, waiting while they took samples, hearing him cry I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and make this all go away. Just like with my two sons, his pain is my own. I'm scared to lose him. I've been crying all day, and apparently, I'm not done quite yet. I love this fur kid and all he's brought to my family. It can't be time to let go...






No comments:

Post a Comment