I'm not proud of the fact that I get grumpy when I'm hungry, even less so that I am pretty rotten to the people around me when I've gone far too long without food. Considering the state of the world, it's sort of reprehensible. To complain about eating later than I'd like seems highly insensitive in light of so many who go hungry for days.
I've grown comfortable with this life I lead. Things like food, shelter, clothes, and the freedom to do things I enjoy are all things I realize I've taken for granted. Of course, there is little chance that the expectancy of what I've come to know will disappear completely, it might be in my best interest for further growth to reflect on how fortunate I truly am more regularly. Good idea; tough implementation.
Worse than losing sight of what I have, is taking out my frustration due to a momentary lapse of 'having' on the people I care about most. This most often occurs with my sons. No amount of pre-emptive preparation justifies my curt attitude or prepares the recipient for what is about to go down. Damn! Just when I think I'm getting better at this whole being a better me thing, I find more crappy things about myself that really need to change.
An easier way to cut back on this kind of outburst would be to make sure I don't go too long without eating...though practicing a little patience and appreciative focus might go a bit further.
No comments:
Post a Comment