Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This Period Of Growth Is Extraordinary

Push beyond your level of comfort. Do things you haven't done. Meet new people. Smile. This is how I extend my circle of happy potential. With every new experience comes a feeling might now otherwise be generated in the typical daily routine. Being open to anything, and recognizing that the unknown doesn't have to be negative makes all the difference.

Amazingly, my mind was on this particular track when I came across an insightful article, full of reminders about to maintain a positive outlook despite present hardships. I wouldn't necessarily define my current circumstances as difficult or any kind of hardship, but I will go so far as to acknowledge that adjusting to life in a new place (even eight months after moving) takes a bit more time and focus than I had anticipated. Being able to push myself into venturing out and stepping out of my safe routine and established circle of friends has certainly made the transition more enjoyable.

Today may be another day in the life, but it is also the day I was finally able to see the positives in a situation that didn't turn out as I had expected. A couple of years ago, hell, even one year ago, I might have allowed myself to fall into a cycle of lamenting that bred negative energy. I am grateful to be capable and so motivated that the outcome has just solidified my resolve to stay positive minded. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and this belief is the core of why I strive to make the most of all I have and all I do.

In light of this particular personal feat, I cannot help be recognize that I have also reached a place of real patience. The lack of panic or irritation at a time line I cannot predict is refreshing. Being able to let go of the crappy feelings that deter a better life is invaluable. This too shall pass, though for me it doesn't mean I will just wait it out. There are many things to see and do as my life continues to shape itself, and truly, that is the best way to expose any and all opportunities that would otherwise be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment