Sunday, July 20, 2014

What To Do When You Just Aren't Feeling It

Some days there are more inspiring moments than others. Sometimes it's just easier to be open and write freely. Today has been a struggle; for various reasons, though none of which I want to divulge. It has been a good day, but at the moment I have far less interest in writing than I usually possess.

Whenever I find myself perplexed, with a conundrum I am unsure how to work out, caught between what I want and what I can actually have, my inner brat starts throwing a tantrum, and that basically roots me to whatever spot I happen to be in ... until she's finished. At least she doesn't seem to be all into it today. It's the little things, you know.

The weather was suppose to be cloudy all day, but thankfully the sun came out to play for awhile. Despite the overcast sky that rolled back in, I had a good time at the beach. The humidity was quick heavy earlier, but those clouds brought a cool breeze with them, making the air comfortable. The thing about Maine weather is if you don't like it, just wait a minute and it will change.

While I still have no true desire to write at the moment, I will consider that hurdle cleared as I've managed to produce a bit despite feeling as though I have no direction. And all while little white paws are stretching out on my keyboard and resting on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment