I don't like thunder. Not even a little bit. I can't really explain why, it just makes me tense. When it rains, the biggest reason I find myself less than thrilled is the prospect of thunder. Those loud lightening cracks aren't cool either.
The fact that those type of storms don't usually last long is their only saving grace. Well, the lush greenery, post rain scent in the air, rainbows and peaceful quiet in the air are certainly great points. So it's pretty much just the thunder and lightening cracks that unsettle me.
Some of the best times I can remember as a kid where either during or just after a rain storm. Correction: some of the best SUMMERtime fun. Rain in cold weather just makes the cold even more miserable. Swimming in the rain, splashing in the still-warm puddles, and taking deep inhalations of the 'clean' air are unlike most anything there is in life.
Since it isn't likely that I will not get over my loathing of thunder, I just try to embrace the aftermath of rain. And at the moment, I'm listening to the sounds of birds, crickets and trees shaking off water droplets in the back yard. Completely peaceful.
No comments:
Post a Comment