Overall, I tend to be a cautious person. If it seems risky, I either take multiple precautions, or I avoid it altogether. Whether it's spending choices, employment or life decisions, or chancing questionable weather conditions for a trip to the beach, risk can lead to better things.
In today's 'worst part/best part' moment, I was completely able to say I didn't have a worst part. The entire day from start to finish was amazing. Even full of tiny grains of beach sand, I wouldn't trade a second of the day for anything. Well, maybe that moment this morning when I witness a much-too-close for comfort near-collision because someone ran a red light, but other than that, I'd live it all again exactly as I did today.
Being able to spend long overdue, quality time with one of my closest and most treasured friends is always gratifying. Despite the fact that we nearly always have a ton to catch each other up on, there is a balance in conversation that is natural. While I can only imagine what anyone within earshot might have been thinking as they listened to us, there is little doubt they could recognize a genuine friendship.
The unfortunate aspect to living to work, it that times like today happen far too infrequently. It is, however, bearable when the interactions are of depth and substance. Within minutes it is as though almost no time has passed at all. Nothing but true friendship creates that kind of energy. Absolutely nothing else.

No comments:
Post a Comment