I had the good fortune to have a conversation today that put things in perspective for me in regards to writing. This brilliant, and amazingly funny woman shared something she had learned; essentially the times it is difficult to write, when there is just no real flow, are also an important part of the process. Those times, however long they may be, are when we are actively (whether aware of it or not) generating material through experience and observations. Complete truth.
As I've gotten older, I have become more selective about the people I interact with. At first I thought this would mean getting to know new people would be sporadic and lacking in depth. It is nice to say that assumption was wrong. While I don't feel the same draw to make friends as I did in my 20s, I find the new people I meet are worth the effort to get to know.
A life so full, yet it still stretches to fit more experiences and incredible people. How could I not be in love with this world I am part of? A wonderful life, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment