Friday, July 4, 2014

In All, The Quiet Times Balance Out The Noise

A day where the best experience is withdrawn, quiet and introspective. I have days like this once in a long while. Today was for the most part. There is nothing wrong, no kind of thing occurred to make solitude attractive. In the removed from it all position, I do not find overwhelming sadness; there is just a lull from most things.

I might describe the entire mood as flat, but somehow that is just not accurate. The thing is, I don't even really feel the need to define or explain. Aside from the mosquito that has been attempting to disturb the overall stillness of the evening, it has been relatively enjoyable.

For years I thought that these times of near stillness were some type of indication that I led a boring life. That idea is absolutely laughable to me now, since I am most often in near constant motion. I may not always be doing what I'd like, but I can never say life is boring. Trying or exhausting for certain, perhaps a little frustrating at times, though predominantly fulfilling and worthwhile. Were it not for these lulls in activity, I might not ever appreciate the act of being still, or relish the marathons of go-go-go.

It could be that the best, most effective way to recharge, refocus, and reanimate is to slow to a crawl and just exist for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment