Today has been an eclectic collection of interactions. They were all positive. Now that is the definition of a good day.
Heartfelt, intellectually stimulating conversations, errands completed, playing wii with the best neighbors on the planet...ain't no Monday like this one. Even a somewhat abrupt end to the evening couldn't possibly alter the contentedness I took home tonight. Embracing the good things in life, despite all the negative crap that might try to sway my focus, is what life is suppose to be about.
While I've long known accurate explanation is key to communication, I occasionally require reminders. Being able to slow down, think and concisely state points-of-view really is critical in successfully communicating with others. Far too often I let my enthusiasm or passion get away from me and I miss key points I may have intended to make. The best thing about that is that if I'm open, I can hear and understand input and feedback that pinpoints the shortcomings in my position.
Thankfully I am not overly competitive or defensive about when I'm shortsighted or wrong. That isn't to say that I am never these things, but the reality is that I enjoy conversations that volley in a balanced and productive manner, so being sensitive is counterproductive.
I am by far ready for the rest of this week. Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment