Thursday, July 17, 2014

Adrenaline Rush But Not The Kind I Prefer

It isn't often that I come home from work and just sit in the sun without doing anything else first. It's nice to be able to just stop and enjoy the moment. There is far too little of that today.

Of course there is a bit of a difference between relaxing and being in the moment, and watching a movie called Vile with your child. Messed up! I'm actually afraid my face might freeze in scrunched up horror.

A glass of wine, crickets chirping, warm air, and the ability to let my shoulders fall into a relaxed state are the makings of a near perfect moment. Sometimes it's all we need to give us the energy to tackle what might be left of our day. Or at the very least this serves as the perfect start to a night of leisure.

Horror movies, particularly that of the gore variety, are not relaxing in any way shape or form. I'm glad that I chose to have a moment of peace before the stress of this torture flick set in. True, I don't have to watch this, but I can't resist. Curiosity got the better of me.

While I'm not desensitized to the point of not flinching during this kind of movie, I'd rather get in touch with nature and enjoy a little tranquil time. Adrenaline isn't all it's cracked up to be. So not going to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment