Friday, July 18, 2014
Spontaneous Outings Are More Productive Than One Might Think
It is my assertion that the state of euphoria occurs more often than most of us ever realize. Maybe we strive toward that end for an entire lifetime, making changes where we feel necessary, keeping our eyes and hearts peeled for some sign of that happily ever after, all the while never realizing that it appears in moments when we are experiencing what might possibly be defined as absolute contented bliss. Maybe we listen when such a state of mind reveals itself, the moment it occurs.
As I drove home this evening, far later than I had intended and certainly nowhere in line with my writing objectives, it occurred to me that as simple as the night's events were, I had experienced absolute, contented bliss. And I became fully aware that I had experienced moments like this before. There was nothing overly extraordinary about the few hours I ventured out. I was graciously introduced to some fun and amazing people, spent a few hours getting to know a relatively new friend, and was more in-sync with my surroundings than I have been in a very long time. I was me, the world didn't alter its course, and my soul connected with people just like me. Contented bliss.
This intentional living and positive energy output have absolutely created the kind of magnet I need ... and honestly, the kind that I deserve. By no means do I intend to discredit the incredible people who already fill my life. In fact, it is because of them that I am able to recognize quality individuals from those that might hold me back.
Tonight I was reminded of how underused our senses can be, and exactly what it feels like to experience intense joy. Regardless of where I go in life, I know it is possible to be happy. No matter what I do or don't do life will always present amazing moments that lead to an amazing life; all I need do is be open and ready to go with the flow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment