Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Tie-dyed Attire Suddenly Has More Color

My mother has always said to be careful what you say out loud, because "you don't want to put bad stuff out there". I always wrote it off as her being a little superstitious, even down right silly. Given recent events, I humbly retract all previous opinions on this matter.

I have said, based on several experiences, that I am a magnet for wearing other people's alcohol at one particular pub. In reality, it is basically ANYone's alcohol that will find it's way onto my person. No joke, it happens. And to prove the point that my declaration would bring about more of this reality, last night I was once again 'baptized' with a drink all over my shirt and in my hair and shoes. (To be fair, I am quite happy I have short hair and was wearing flip-flops as it made this experience much less uncomfortable.) Without intending to, I stood in the wrong place at the most ill-fated time with a glass of cabernet, and was bathed in more than half the glass. The poor guy who had accidentally fist bumped my hand was horrified and immensely apologetic. I laughed it off and chalked it up to my mother's sage advice being ignored.

The lesson learned? My mother is far wiser than I might have ever thought, and never spending a lot of money on my attire makes it easier to let a piece ruined go.

No comments:

Post a Comment