Monday, June 30, 2014

Got To Love The Upside

This blog came about as a way to highlight something positive in every day. It is quite possible that an entry begins with things that are not-so-positive, however. Exploring the things that I don't like allows me to really appreciate the things that I do enjoy.

Today I discovered a number of things that were worth adding to my Do Not Like list. First would be rude people. I will never understand the cluelessness/entitled attitude some people display in public. There is little to no need to stand fixed in the middle of an aisle/sidewalk or other area and remain unyielding to passersby. Ignorance and rudeness. Pretentious $10 salads that are essentially a bag of mixed greens and cheese...I mean I love salad, but there needs to some SUBSTANCE. $2 water bottles that are 8oz in size. Motion sickness. Sand fleas. Sticky bar tables, and sketchy double parking situations in parking lots.

Pretty much the rest of summer rocks. Hot sun, cool breezes, green trees, smiling people, ice cream, and finding my car absolutely safe after risking sketchy double parking situations are amazingly awesome. An entire day laughing and catching up with my bestie absolutely tops it all.

I'd suffer through the stench of the Portland waterfront at two in the afternoon and sit in the most hot/humid weather stuck on the bridge if it meant I got to hang with my best friend for a few hours. The best things in life make the shitty things seem trivial. Really, having crappy things to compare the awesome shit to, certainly reinforces how great life really is. It really is as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment