Some might find it boring to stay in most nights. Truth is, I'd rather just be home and comfortable. I wouldn't say I'm antisocial, rather selectively social. Well, that, and after working all week I need a break from being 'social'.
Admittedly it's easier all around to park my ass on the couch, laptop in hand, and just chill until I'm finally ready to go to bed. As outgoing as I am, I've always been a homebody. Short of going out to see a band, there aren't many times that it isn't a feat of immense proportion to find the will to go out.
This is another reason I adore my neighbors. Any night of the week or weekend, there are always people outside socializing. I can pull up a chair and wear sweats if I want to (which is quite often). Laughter is always present, so ending the day with a smile and all around bolster spirit is easy.
I think the secret to appreciating life and loving how you live it, is to find people who foster and reinforce the good. Positivity is truly the key to living well and experiencing every moment to the fullest possibilities. I'm headed out to the front steps for some homebody social time; laughter is in high order tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment